Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Review: Tigi Moisture Maniac Conditioner


Tigi Moisture Maniac is one of those conditioners that's been around long enough that most of us have heard of it, whether we've used it or not. I had some store credit at Ulta, and they were having one of their awesome Buy 2 Get 2 Free Liter Sales, so I decided to pick up some Moisture Maniac and Oatmeal & Honey Conditioner. I'm always in need of conditioner, whether it's a rinse-out, deep treatment, leave-in, or even a cowash.

Tigi Moisture Maniac Conditioner is silicone-free, which as you may already know, I search for. It smells sweet and fruity, but not overpoweringly so. It is incredibly slippery, and makes my hair soft, soft, soft. It certainly delivers enough moisture for my strands, although I'm certain it won't for everyone. It makes a perfect rinse-out for me during these hot, humid Oklahoma summers. In the heat and humidity, my hair simply doesn't need heavy conditioner. During the winter, I'll probably switch to using it as a cowash between Low-poo and No-Poo days. My cleansing and conditioning routine isn't really a routine at all, as I use different cleansers and conditioners almost daily. What can I say, variety truly is the spice of life.

I will say, unless you just love to rinse your money down the drain, don't bother picking up Moisture Maniac Conditioner if your intentions are to use it as a cowash only. Depending on where you purchase it, 25 oz. runs anywhere from $13-$19 a bottle, which is way too much money to spend on a cowash conditioner. Especially considering you can buy a big bottle of Suave Naturals conditioner for around $1.50. If however, you're like me and can use one conditioner for multiple things, and sometimes prefer to do so, then Moisture Maniac is well worth the cost.

Not to be a buzz kill, if like me you love Tigi Moisture Maniac, but I heard through the grapevine that Tigi is slowly revamping it's entire line. I know they discontinued the Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey line, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do away with Moisture Maniac, although only time will tell. I’ll be stocking up just in case.

 


No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...