Friday, May 28, 2010

Review: Kinky-Curly Knot Today


What curly doesn't love a good, slippery conditioner? What's even better than that? A conditioner that does double-time, working as a detangler and a leave-in. Kinky-Curly Knot Today is just that conditioner. I can't believe I didn't tell you ladies about it months ago, because it's been in my rotation since last September. I used it on and off all winter long, but now that warmer weather is hitting full force, I've been using it daily. Of course I pair it with my staple styler, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. The two work in unison delivering moisture, definition, bounce, and shine.

Kinky-Curly Knot Today is a conditioner that has the most amazing amount of slip, and for my hair, a little goes a long way. When I use it as a rinse-out I only need about a silver-dollar size amount, and when I use it as a leave-in, I only need a pea-size amount. In the bottle it looks sort of white, but it's virtually see-through once it's in your hands. Much like the Curling Custard, I've heard the smell described a multitude of ways, and I have no idea what it's scented with, but it smells good.

This is one of those rare products that stands on it's own two feet, but really shines when paired. Paired of course with KCCC. If you have kinky hair, or just have a lot of hair, and your ultimate goals are curl elongation and you need products that will add some weight and therefore decrease volume, then using the Knot Today, and shingling the Curling Custard over it, are your best bet. On the other hand, if your like me and your goals are tight, voluminous curls with definition, then raking the Knot Today through, and scrunching the Curling Custard in are the way to go.

I cannot say enough about Kinky-Curly hair products, and the Knot Today is no exception. I love that the entire line is organic, and makes caring for your hair so simple. I can honestly just use the Knot Today with the Curling Custard, and have the most amazing hair. I don't know why I even bother continuing to try new things. If you haven't checked out the Kinky-Curly line, you definitely should. I have yet to find anything else that delivers that same gorgeous results on a consistent basis.


 

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...