Thursday, December 31, 2009

News Year's Eve...How's My Hair?

Just thought I'd do a quick update, it's 9 o'clock my time, on New Year'e Eve, and I'm sitting here with a head full of Henna. I thought that I'd wait and do it this weekend. That didn't happen, I tend to be extremely impatient, when I want something, I want it now. So, here I am with a green paste sitting in my hair, waiting to wash it out. I am still super excited to see what color it turns out, unfortunately for impatient me, it takes up to 5 days for oxidation to be done.

So here's my mix:
  • 100g Henna For African American Hair from Mehandi -I bought this one because it has a finer sift, and is supposed to be easier to rinse out. It also has a better dye content, so hopefully my hair will be RED!!
  • Lemon Juice
  • Small Amount of Water
Once I mixed it up, I covered the bowl in Saran Wrap, and sat it in a sink of warm water, to speed up dye release. Once I had dye release, which only took maybe 2 hours, I added 2 tbsp of conditioner, to counteract the dryness of the lemon juice. I also added a few drops of lavender essential oil to help with the smell. Frankly, the smell wasn't bad at all, it smells like what it is: a dried out, ground up plant. Then I applied it, and I'm a little nervous about whether I got all my hair covered. The mixture is pretty thick, and it's not nearly as easy to work with as box color. However, if I didn't get it all covered I can always do a touch up tomorrow.

Sometime within the next few days I'll update with pictures. I'm planning on taking one everyday, for 5 days, while the color oxidizes.

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...