Thursday, December 31, 2009

Review: Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner



Ladies, it's time again to talk about products for curly hair. As we all know, I'm on the hunt for super-awesome products. I don't need my products to come in fancy packaging, and I prefer they don't cost an arm and a leg. With the economy the way it is, who can afford ridiculously overpriced hair products? Not me. Hello, Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner...

The lovely owners of Mixed Chicks, were kind enough to send me their products to test out and review for you ladies. Today we're going to focus our attention on the Leave-In Condition, which can be misleading. This is a leave-in and styling product in one, because aren't we all sick of layering product after product everytime we style our curls?

The Mixed Chicks Leave-In is a hybrid, and I certainly love multi-tasking products, as they save time and money. It's meant to be used as soon as your finished cleansing and conditioning your curls, in fact, the wetter your hair is the better. More water in your hair means the product gets distributed more evenly and more easily. This product has a nice amount of slip, and gives me really great clumps. I applied it to my soaking wet hair, raked through and then scrunched. Then I used my Curls Like Us Curl Cloth, to scrunch out excess water. Anytime I use the Mixed Chicks, I let my hair air dry, and it leaves me with shiny, bouncy wurls and curls. Once my hair is completely dry, I use Argan Oil to seal the ends of my hair, and I am left with an awesome hair day.

 I will note that the Mixed Chicks Leave-In, isn't CG, as it contains Amodimethicone, but I'm modified CG, so for me it works just fine. I tend to rotate products, partially because I have so many, and I just like variety. I get bored easily, what can I say. The only constant in my hair routine are No-Poo, One Condition, and Set it Free.

You can get more product info, read other reviews, and purchase Mixed Chicks here.

Have you tried the line? Did you like it?

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...