Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Review: Wen Hair Care by Chaz Dean


Okay, okay, I was sucked into the infomercial hype for Wen Hair Products by Chaz Dean. I have very dry, very curly hair that I color about once a week, as you can imagine this has led to some bad hair days. However, after watching the infomercial for Wen Hair Products I talked my husband into buying it for me, for my birthday last year. I waited patiently for a couple of weeks for the products to arrive and I immediately showered and used only the Wen system and WOW. My hair hasn't looked this good since..........ever.Not only does Wen by Chaz Dean make my hair soft, shiny, and manageable, but I don't need to use any of the products that I was using before. Granted this stuff ain't cheap $29.95 a month, but, for ladies with hair like mine, it's worth every penny. I will say that I don't follow the package directions because I would be out the cleansing conditioner within a week. I still shampoo my hair, with regular shampoo about once a week, and I use Wen as directed about once a week. The rest of the time I just use the Cleansing Conditioner as a leave-in. Even without using it like it says, my hair looks amazing, and I'm not exaggerating.
Although I do love the product, it is a bit pricey. I've done some Internet research on using conditioner to cleanse or "wash" you hair, and I found out that a bottle of good ol' Suave conditioner will work just as well, if not better than Wen at actually cleansing your hair without shampoo.
I know a lot of people are wondering what's in Wen, so here's the ingredient list in the Sweet Almond Mint cleansing conditioner:Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat, Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum, Limonene.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Love you post found these simple instructions.
WEN Condititioner

nellie said...

can I use wen conditioning prior to receiving a perm...I use your products but when I go to get perm I do not take it....can I

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...