Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Review: Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo & Moisture Balancing Conditioner



Hello ladies, it's time again to talk about cleansing and conditioning. Today it's all about super-affordable options, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo and Moisture Balancing Conditioner. Both products are silicone and glycerine-free. Let's get down to business....


Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo-$12 for a liter

This is a great option for wavies, or for anyone who cowashing simply doesn't work for. All winter long I cowashed and cleansed with No-Poo, and my hair stayed super moisturized. Now spring is in the air, and I've been alternating No-Poo with the Elucence and it's been great. The actual surfactants in the shampoo, meaning the actual cleansers, are completely gentle. It's free of SLS, SLES, ALS, and ALES.

I've used this now for about 2 weeks and I have to say I'm super happy with the results. My hair doesn't feel completely stripped and straw-like after cleansing with it. The lather is amazing, and it's concentrated so a little goes a long way. My hair is about an inch past my chin when wet, and I can shampoo my whole head with one pump, which is probably about silver dollar sized. I could probably use even less, but it's cheap enough that I don't feel the need to conserve it.

Moisture Benefits Shampoo works by giving your hair only the amount of moisture your hair needs, and any excess is rinsed away with the lather. It contains lipids, polysaccharides, and vitamins, so your hair stays in optimal condition. Also, it contains Peach Extract, making the smell divine.

Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner-$20 for a liter

The ingredients in this are great, and it has some of the most amazing slip that I've ever had. The slip is immediate and it makes detangling a breeze.The consistency is very similar to the TREsemme Naturals Conditioner, or even Suave coconut. However, once it's worked into my hair it gets frothy, like crazy frothy. If you cowash exclusively, this would be great! It's not a heavy conditioner, but it does provide moisture. For me and my hair, this would be a good conditioner year-round. The smell of this isn't quite as peachy as the shampoo, but it smells good, sort of sweet.

The Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo and Moisture Balancing Conditioner are a new staple for me, and if you haven't checked them out I highly recommend them. They're both super-affordable and work great. Also, they can both be purchased through CurlMart.
 

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...