Thursday, November 12, 2009

Updating my obsessions and coming to terms.....

Hey gals! So it's been a little while since I did any updating, and I need to vent about my hair, so I thought I would kill 2 birds with one stone.

So let's start with the venting, and get it out of the way. I mentioned in an earlier post, that I went to get a haircut, and my hair got butchered. I am a cutter, and no I don't mean one of the sad girls, who cut themselves, I mean I can cut my own hair. I have had really short hair, like super short, for almost a decade now, and within the last year I had finally started letting it grow out. The problem you see, is that when you can cut your own hair, you do, often, because inevitably when your growing out a really short cut, you'll get to a point and it will look shaggy, so you cut it.  Well, that's been my cycle for quite a while now, let it grow, cut some off, let it grow, cut some off.....On and on, well I finally decided that I wanted to let it grow out, because I am sick of having to fix it everyday, I missed my curls, and longer hair means more options. So, as you can imagine, I'm quite upset over my hair being chopped again, and I simply needed to vent. I know it will grow, but I didn't get what I asked the stylist for, or what I paid for. The End. :)

On with the updating, now that my hair is short again, I cannot wear it curly, so I'm back to blowouts and flat irons. So here are some update product rec's for you lovely ladies:
  • We all know that I love my Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream, it is my HG, and I cannot live without it. It leaves my hair shiny and manageable.
  • Wen, DevaCurl No-Poo, DevaCare No-Poo: These are my current love affairs for cleansing, I love co-washing, and I hate shampoo. My hair is dry, damaged, and co-washing leaves it so soft, and moisturized. I am absolutely in love with the DevaCare line, it smells so yummy, and it works great. I seriously cannot say enough about this stuff. If you have asimilar hair type to mine, or if your a curly, if you hate shampoo, try co-washing seriously. It will change your life!
  • DevaCare One Condition: Another new staple, this also smells like heaven. It leaves my hair soft, and shiny. I also use a small amount as a leave-in.
  • Wen Texture Balm: When your hair is as short as mine is, you need a product that creates dimension, and will showcase your layers. This is a great pomade stick, and it's really easy to use.
If you've taken a look at my blog over the last few months, you may have noticed my transition from makeup to haircare obsession. As my hair got longer, it was just more fun to search around for amazing hair finds, then makeup. Now that my hair is shorter again, my hair has lost some of the fun factor, so it's back to makeup. Here's a quick update on the makeup I'm loving at the moment:
  • Sheer Cover, Bare Escentuals, and Pur Minerals Foundation: These are my top 3 mineral makeup choices at the moment. They all leave my skin glowing, and smooth. They're all easy to use, last forvever, and look natural. I know a while back I talked about EDM, however I am a little upset with EDM for all the changes they're underwent, so I've boycotted them for the time being. I do not appreciate being lied to by a company and that's what they did. They told everyone that when the website change happened that they would keep the SCK (Super Custom Kit), because there was so much demand for it. They changed the website, the kit is no longer available, therefore they lied. I will not purchase from a company who cannot keep their word. My choice has nothing to do with the quality of their makeup, their quality is outstanding, however, I don't like the feeling that the customer comes last, if you say that you're going to do something, then do it. If I ran around lying to you ladies about my opinion of products, I wouldn't expect you to keep reading, because my word would no longer be believable, or valuable.
  • Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette: This is my go-to palette, it has so many options for daytime looks and nighttime. It's so affordbale, the colors are beautiful, blendable, and user-friendly. I literally use this palette 9 out of 10 times.
  • Tarte Light, Camera, Splashes Mascara: This mascara is awesome, it defines every single lash and makes them look beautful. I never get clumps. What more can a girl ask for from mascara?
Okay this is getting ridiculously long, so I'll save the rest for another day. :)

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...