Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Review: Joico K-Pak Professional Cuticle Sealer


I’m all for enhancing what you’ve got. I do a ton of things to my hair to make it look and feel as good as possible. Two of the things I do on a regular basis are protein treatments and vinegar rinses. So when I found a product that would combine the two, I jumped all over it. I’m talking about Joico K-Pak Professional Cuticle Sealer.


Joico K-Pak Cuticle Sealer is labeled as a post chemical service acidifier, with a pH of 2.5-3.5. I cannot stress enough the importance of rebalancing the pH of your hair after a chemical service of any kind. Chemicals raise the hair cuticles, which is what makes them damaging, they also cause swelling of the hair shaft. Rebalancing the pH of your hair after chemical services will make color last longer, help get rid of the nasty smell, and leave your hair in better condition.

I happened to stumble upon the Joico K-Pak Cuticle Sealer when I was browsing Sleek Hair, when I purchased the Vanish Color Remover. It’s not very expensive, I paid $22.49 for a liter of it on Sleek Hair, and it’ll last me a long time. However, it’s virtually impossible to get on the ground, it’s a Pro product, so unless your licensed you can’t buy it at the BSS.

So what exactly does K-Pak Cuticle Sealer do for my hair? It gives me the same results as a Vinegar Rinse; curl enhancement, a smooth feeling to my strands, and shine. As I mentioned, it has a pH of 2.5-3.5, which is very acidic, and allows it to restore hair to it’s natural pH of 4.5-5.5. It also contains the Joico K-Pak Quadramine Complex, which is their exclusive protein formulation. The Joico K-Pak line contains low molecular weight proteins that penetrate the hair shaft more effectively. So the K-Pak Cuticle Sealer is basically a protein treatment and vinegar rinse in one.

I've been using Joico K-Pak Cuticle Sealer at least once a week, sometimes more. The directions say to leave it on for 5 minutes, so I just use it in the shower. I also bought the Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner, which is the daily conditioner, not the treatment. Unlike the treatment it doesn't contain mineral oil, and it's got a great protein/moisture balance. For all my CG friends, it does contain PEG-modified Dimethicone.These products are both phenomenal, and I'd recommend them to anyone with fine or damaged hair.

I cannot say enough about this product, and am honestly dumb-founded that I hadn’t heard of it until now. I’ll definitely be repurchasing it.

If you’ve used it, or a product like it, leave me a comment and let me know what you thought…



5 comments:

Mark said...

I lost my front hair, how can I get them back. I don't want the surgery.

TokyoVogue said...

DS Labs make lots of amazing products for your situation. I would suggest finding a salon near you that carries the line. Most Fantastic Sam's carry it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving us the opportunity for leaving comments, this made possible for us to share our social profiles with you. haute her hair care tips for girls

dssdf said...

Hello, I want to have one of these piercing models, but I am unsure. Can you look at it?

Htc Piercing

Baby Ear Piercing

Surface Piercing

Auricle Piercing

Coin Slot Piercing

Tragus Piercing

Mods Apks said...

hair extensions Ottawa
The Russian diet has a lot to do with the quality of this hair. The Russian diet is generally rich in vitamins and nutrients, which benefits the hair greatly and helps it to grow long and strong with plenty of volume. The diet is also usually low in sugar, sodium, and unhealthy processed animal fat.

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...