So let’s get started with the review:
- Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner ($12): This smells awesome, like pumpkin pie or something. It’s thick, but thankfully it comes in a bottle with a pump. It makes detangling easy, and leaves my hair soft and moisturized. I’ve used some conditioners that feel great on, but once you rinse, the great feeling is gone and it’s almost like you never conditioned to begin with. This isn’t one of those conditioners. Love it!
- Ingredients: Distilled Water, BTMS (a mild conditioning emulsifier), Pumpkin Seed Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Japanese Camellia Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Botanical Oil Complex, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol and Fragrance.
- Shea Butter Curl Moisturizing Cream ($12): This is a cross between a leave-in and a curl cream. For thicker, coarse hair I’d guess it’d be a better leave-in. For hair like mine, it’s a great curl cream. For me, it didn’t have a tremendous amount of slip, but that works in my favor. The less slip my leave-in/curl cream has, the better curl enhancement I get.
- Ingredients: Distilled Water, Unrefined Shea Butter, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Conditioning Emulsifier, Cetyl Esters, Silk Protein, Copaiba Balsam, Gotu Kola Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Botanical Extracts, Vitamin E, Paraben Free Preservative, Fragrance
- Daily Cleansing Conditioner Cream ($12): This is great! It’s a true cowash, so it’s not something that will remove silicones or mineral oil (neither of which I use). This is probably the most foamy cowash I’ve ever used. I love a foamy cowash, it makes me feel like it’s doing a better job cleansing or something. It also has a good amount of slip and moisture, so I don’t need to follow this up with a separate conditioner, which saves me time.
- Ingredients: Distilled Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Rice Bran Oil, Organic Shea Butter, BTMS, Grapeseed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Cetyl Esters, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Peel Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Leaf Extract, Cationic Guar Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, and Fragrance.
- Curling Cream Gel ($12): This has a light to medium hold, and it gave me an insane amount of volume, which I adore. I love big hair, I should’ve been born in the 70’s, so I could’ve rocked giant hair in the 80’s. Unfortunately I wasn’t, oh well. I usually use this to SOTC (scrunch out the crunch), when my hair is completely dry. It leaves my hair defined, and smelling delicious. Depending on the amount of hold you like, you could use it as a stand alone styler, or top it with a hard-holding gel.
- Ingredients: Distilled (Aqua) Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Cetyl Alcohol, Organic Wildflower Honey, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (cationic guar gum), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylyglycerin, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit (Buriti) Oil and Silk Amino Acids.
If you've used any of these products, or any of Darcy's Botancals other products, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!