Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Review: Beautisol Summer Glow & All Seasons Glow

There’s nothing like a sun kissed glow to get a girl ready for summer. I’m not into sun worshipping, but I do enjoy having a nice tan. So what’s a girl to do? Self-tan, unless your into leathery skin, premature aging, and possibly sun cancer. I’m not.

So when I was given the opportunity to check out a new line in the self-tanning world, I jumped. I’m talking about Beautisol, if haven’t heard of Beautisol yet, you will. Beautisol has a full line of self-tanning products, whether your looking to build a gradual tan, or go full force right off the bat. I got to try out 2 products from the line; Summer Glow and All Seasons Glow.

Both products have a few things in common. They both contain a color guide, meaning the lotion itself is tinted, so you can see exactly where you’re putting it. My absolute favorite, and I mean favorite thing about both the Beautisol products is the smell. Let me say, I’ve used some foul-smelling self-tanners. You know the kind I mean, you can smell it on yourself all day, and it smells awful. It makes you self-conscious, because your sure that everyone around you can smell it too. Beautisol has literally solved this, their self-tanners contain Pure Scent odor eliminating fragrance. They smell like high-end body lotion. It smells ridiculously good, if they sold a body lotion with the smell, I’d buy it. Both products are also PETA certified and paraben free.

Beautisol products contain a patented DHA that prevents oxidative stress. If you’re not familiar with self-tanning, DHA is the actual tanning agent. You’ve probably noticed when you cut an apple open, it turns brown relatively quickly. DHA has a similar reaction with the amino acids in your skin.

Summer Glow is a dark self-tanning lotion. When I read the word dark, I thought this wouldn’t be a good idea for someone with my skin tone, which is pale, pale, pale. But once I tried it, it was love at first use. The color was rich, and natural, and definitely looked like a summer tan.

All Seasons Glow is a medium self-tanning lotion. The tan it produced was definitely one that I could rock year ‘round. It’s dark enough that you have a tan appearance, but light enough that it wouldn’t look odd in the middle of winter. It’s gradual, so if the colors too light, then apply it again to deepen the tan.

I used both the Summer Glow and All Seasons Glow on my body and face. The results were a natural-looking, sun-kissed glow. I would definitely recommend both these products. Another great thing about both products, when they start wearing off you don't really notice it. The tan just fades away, with a lot of self-tanners, when the tan wears off it leaves your skin splotchy and gross looking.

If you want more info, or would like to order, check out Beautisol.


Disclaimer: I was sent the products menioned in this post by the brand/pr company for consideration. The opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...