Sunday, April 4, 2010

Review: Volumax Styling Glaze


 


Oh the joy of cheap products that actually work. Volumax Styling Glaze fits into this category beautifully. It's around $9 for a liter, which will last a ridiculously long time. It's also widely available at Sally's, if you don't have one nearby you can always order from their website. I picked this up a few weeks ago, after remembering that I'd used the Volumax line in high school. From what I could remember I liked the line, and it smells yummy. Well, thankfully my memory served me well.

The Volumax Styling Glaze has the consistency of a really thin shampoo, so be warned when pouring it out of the bottle, it comes out fast. It's so easy to distribute, and it really doesn't take a lot to get good results. If you have thin hair, or hair that gets weighed down easily, this may be a great option for you. If you accidentally use to much, it's no biggie, it's a truly forgiving product.

When I use it,I apply it the same way I would with a hair gel. I apply some of my rinse-out conditioner as a leave-in, then apply the Styling Glaze. I haven't really needed to use it in conjunction with any other products, as it has enough hold for me on it's own. It seems to play well with any other products though, so no need to worry about mixing and matching. After diffusing, I'm left with shiny, bouncy curls that are defined and virtually frizz-free.

The Volumax Styling Glaze contains sunscreen to help protect your color and hair from the sun. It also says it's a great heat protectant. I should mention it contains a PEG-modified cone, so if you're totally against cones then steer clear. I occassionally low-poo and even shampoo, to remove any potential build-up, and give my hair more body.

 If you have thick or coarse hair, this probably won't be a good option for you, as it's really thin and I just don't think it's suited to those hair types. Additionally if you have super frizzy hair, or really dry hair, this isn't a moisturizing styler. However, if you have hair similar to mine, or just love body, than the Volumax Styling Glaze may be a great option!

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...