Sunday, October 18, 2009

Review: Leslie Blodgett Perfume Diaries Bare Skin Eau de Parfum Spray


Sephora Says: Imagine you're on a tropical beach. The warm rays are beating down on you. There is nothing on the agenda for days, save for sunbathing, sipping umbrella drinks and sleeping in. Leslie Blodgett has captured the ultimate vacation through fragrance with this intoxicating blend of creamy sensuality, dreamy florals and sexy musks. Glowing, gorgeous sun-kissed skin that just begs to be touched is at the heart of this limited-edition scent, created exclusively for Sephora.
Top: No clock in sight and no reason to wake up (Black Pepper, Freesia, Anise).
Middle: Hot, hot hopping to the towel on sand (Iris, Vanilla Orchid, Plumeria, Patchouli).
Bottom: Finally, time to mingle, baring amber shoulders still warm from the day (Sandalwood, Labdanum, Musk).


Mrs. Blacksten Says: I was given the opportunity to sample Leslie Blodgett's Perfume Diaries Bare Skin Eau de Parfum Spray. I'm having trouble really describing what it smells like; it's quite musky, but in a sexy, understated way. It certainly isn't overpowering, and is truly a fall perfume. It's too heavy of a smell for summer or spring, but it is great for fall and winter.

It almost makes me think of incense and musk together, not nasty dollar store incense, the good stuff. I really like the smell, very deep and mysterious. I can't quite put my finger on it....There are a lot of notes of this and that, but nothing quite distinct. I have been walking around my house for 3 days smelling this, and I still can't quite think of the right word to describe this smell.

Bottom line, I like Leslie Blodgett's Perfume Diaries Bare Skin Eau de Parfum Spray. It's not too overpowering, or musky, it's nice blend and quite exotic. It can only be purchased at Sephora.

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...