Monday, September 7, 2009

Review: Clean and Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer

This is the product information from Clean and Clears' Website:
MORNING GLOW® Moisturizer with SPF 15 is uniquely formulated with oil-free moisturizing ingredients, tiny light reflectors, and an invigorating citrus fragrance. The moisturizing ingredients hydrate dry, tired skin without clogging pores. The tiny light reflectors give your skin a naturally brighter look. The invigorating citrus fragrance awakens the senses and energizes your morning.
Okay, I was trying to be open-minded about Clean and Clear products, so after the not-so-great review I did on Clean and Clear Morning Burst Face Scrub, I thought I'd try another product, below is my honest opinion.
I will say that the Clean and Clear Morning Glow moisturizer doesn't feel oily, or leave a nasty residue on my skin. Morning Glow doesn't have an odd smell, and in general seems like it moisturizes. It didn't break me out, or affect the way my mineral foundation applied. Morning Glow has a few good traits, but nothing that sets it apart from any of the other $5 drug-store moisturizer's with spf in them.
Now, on to the down-side, the enormous down-side. Clean and Clear Morning Glow moisturizer has these teeny-tiny little flecks of glitter in it, that I am assuming are supposed to be what makes you "glow". You can feel them when your trying to rub the moisturizer in, it feels like your exfoliating instead of moisturizing. The tiny flecks of glitter in this moisturizer feel like grains of sand or something, I dunno. This trait alone make Morning Glow unusable, your moisturizer shouldn't have anything in it that you can feel.
Bottom line: I will not be trying any more Clean and Clear products, nor will I ever recommend this moisturizer, EVER.

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...