Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Review: ProActiv Gentle Formula

So originally, I ordered Proactiv Original Formula, which contains benzoyl peroxide, although my skin didn't have the negative reaction that some people experience, I wanted to try the Gentle Formula. With the Original Formula my skin, actually became smoother and more radiant overall in addition to improving my acne issues.

I don't really suffer from pimples, but I do have blackheads, whiteheads, and large pores. While the Original Formula didn't cure my acne, it did improve the overall appearance of my skin which I'm pretty happy about. I wanted to try the Gentle Formula because it contains salicylic acid, which is better for exfoliating and unclogging pores.

 The first difference I noticed was the smell of the Gentle Formula, it smells a lot better. The cleanser in the Gentle Formula kit also has a slightly different texture, the beads in it seem smoother. The toner in the Gentle Formula kit feels significantly less drying, although neither toner contains alcohol.

For a girl like me with truly combination skin, I have dry cheeks and an oily t-zone, I need real balance in a skin care system. The repairing lotion in the Gentle Formula kit is more like a lotion, it actually has the consistency of a lotion, while the repairing lotion in the Original Formula kit has the consistency of a serum almost. So far I've been using the Gentle Formula kit for about a month and am pleased with the results, I get the same skin benefits as the Original Formula without the potential for dry patches and redness.

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...