Saturday, May 16, 2009

Review: bareMinerals LIMITED EDITION Getting Started Kit-Light

So I know there are a lot of bareMinerals lovers and haters, and I happen to be a lover. The mineral foundation allows me to achieve beautiful flawless skin, without looking like I have a lot of makeup on. My biggest problem with traditional foundation is getting even, non-streaky, coverage on my nose, and this achieves it beautifully. I've been a fan for quite a while, but when I saw what this kit contains, for the price ($60) I did a double take, and immediately proceeded to the checkout. In this kit you get:
  • 2 Shades of Foundation
  • Warmth All-Over Face Color
  • Clear Radiance All-Over Face Color
  • Mineral Veil
  • Skin Re-Ver Upper
  • Kabuki Brush
  • Flawless Application Face Brush
  • Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush
  • Mirrored Compact
  • How To DVD

Granted I don't need the DVD, and besides for the mirror just being handy, the compact is just too messy. Everything else however, is well worth the purchase. The foundation, like I said is gorgeous, and a little goes a long way. If you can't use one of the shades for foundation use it for concealer if it's too light, if it's too dark use it as a contour color. The Warmth is an amazing complexion booster, it gives your face life again. The Clear radiance leaves a really nice pinkish glow, that I love, it's great for us fair skinned gals. The Mineral Veil is the best setting powder that I have ever used. You can't even tell you've put powder on, which is great because who wants to look powdery? The Skin Rev-er Upper is a nice addition to this set, it has salicylic acid in it to help keep your skin clear, and it also contains some vitamins to boost your complexion. It should be noted that this is not a primer although a lot of people seem to think so, this is exactly what it says it is; a complexion booster. It also is not a moisturizer which a lot of people also think it is. If you have oily skin and don't feel the need to moisturize then you could wear this alone, however if you have dry or combination skin then apply this before your moisturizer. On to the brushes. I agree with a lot of people; bareMinerals brushes aren't amazing. When you first get them their great, but after the first wash they tend to start getting scratchy. The concealer brush is good, since it's synthetic it'll never get scratchy.

All in all this kit is worth the $60, if for nothing else just to try the makeup out. If you already know that you like it then I don't need to tell you why to go buy it. The kit is available exclusively through Sephora.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Basic Hair Care Tips: Do This, Don't Do That

Hi Ladies! I thought I would just do a really quick basic hair care tips post for you today. I know when I was first researching how to prop...